Voted Long Island’s Best Italian Restaurant and Best overall Restaurant for 7 years in a row, Vincent’s Clam Bar is one of my favorite restaurants in Long Island. The Service at Vincent’s is always accommodating, welcoming and attentive and I always have a good time. If you visit Vincent’s on the weekend, it will be busy, so get there early to avoid a long wait.
If I had to complain about one thing at Vincent’s, it’s that the tables are rather close together, making it hard to have “private” conversation, during peak dining hours. I’m confident that I have offended a few people during some of my rather controversial dinner conversations on a few visits here. Nevertheless, unless you’re unlucky to be seated near me, this is a great restaurant to bring family/children.
The menu at Vincent’s is diverse and delicious, from homemade bread and artisan pizzas to an array of pastas, salads, seafood, steak and Italian specialties. The food at Vincent’s is entirely housemade and prepared in their open kitchen in full view. If you want to take the taste of Vincent’s home with you, Vincent’s famous sauces are available for you to buy.
- First, they have lunch specials, even on the weekends! This is great for your wallet, because you and a dining partner can eat lunch for under $30. (Without Alcohol of course)
- As stated above, the tables are very close together, which can be a problem on a Saturday night.
- Vincent’s has a full bar, so if you’re ready to get a little tipsy, I’d recommend trying a delicious Long Island Iced Tea.
- The infused olive oil, with herbs and spices on the plate served with their delicious homemade bread is delicious. Do not be afraid to ask for more!
If you need a little extra something on the side, try a side of the Shrimp Scampi, a salad, or some clams from the raw bar.
If you’re in a pasta mood, try the Baked Ziti (My friend’s favorite)
Or you can try my favorite, the Eggplant Parm….
- I’ve heard the pizzas are delicious, although I’ve never actually tried them.
- I never seem to make it to dessert, but they look delicious.
- If you can’t get enough of Vincent’s, then you should purchase some of their homemade sauces to go!!!