- 2-3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup melted butter (I prefer unsalted)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (depending on the level of sweetness you desire
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream for garnish
- Clean the sweet potatoes and drain.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat, and cook until the potatoes are tender, 30 to 40 minutes. The potatoes should be tender but not overly mushy. If you can stick a form in them, they are done. Alternatively, you can cook the potatoes in the instant pot. (if you’re short on time)
- When the potatoes are done, drain and cool them.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- When the potatoes are cool, peel them and mash/mix them in a large bowl with a mixer.
- Add the melted butter, corn syrup, and sugar. Beat on medium-high speed. Remove any strings that collect on the mixture.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Add the evaporated buttermilk. Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until the filling is smooth. (removing any excess strings in the mixture.)
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the pies cool
- (optional) Garnish with whipped cream.
Tools Used in This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases