This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
I don’t know about you but all this #Socialdistancing has me going a little crazy. As such, I’ve been sitting back doing the only thing that keeps me sane… COOKING and falling back in love with some old favorites.
So the other day, I was hungry and BORED, so I decided to whip up a batch of TOMATO BASIL SOUP in my ninja cold and hot blender and paired it with a grilled cheese and ham sandwich.. boy of boy .. it was freaking amazing!
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled, cut in quarters
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more if you like spicy)
- Place olive oil, onion, salt and pepper in the blender.
- Select the SAUTÉ function.
- Add remaining ingredients in the blender, then select SMOOTH SOUP.
Garnish soup with fresh or dried basil and some croutons.