I was in the mood for a fancy type appetizer dish for a dinner party I was going to attend. However, I needed something easy. Therefore, I started whipping up quick some ways to play with stuffed mushrooms. This easy stuffed mushroom recipe is fast, and tasty! It’s technically an appetizer but with the addition of the ground beef, it can very well serve as a meal.
• 1 package of portabella stuffing mushrooms
• ½ lb of ground beef
• ½ packages of cream cheese
• Italian style breadcrumbs (use as much as desired)
• Shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
• 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
(makes about 8 medium-sized mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems and chop them finely.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and then add desired seasonings and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared and drain any excess oil. Set aside to cool.
3. Once the mushroom mixture has cooled down, stir in cream cheese and breadcrumbs. Mixture should be very thick. Using a smaller spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. You can also top with your choice of shredded cheese, if desired. Arrange the mushroom caps on the cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are tender.