Cook Time: 10
Yield: SERVES 2-4
- 1 bottle of Thai red curry sauce (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 pounds mussels
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped Thai basil
- Handful snap pea
- 5-10 Bok Choy
Mix all the ingredients above except the mussels and the basil, simmer, whisking until the sauce is to your desired taste. Add the mussels to the pot. You should cover the pot and let steam until the mussels open. (about 10 minutes). During the last minute of cooking, add the basil. (Some people like to add cilantro also).
*Please note: I cheat a little by mixing already made curry sauce in with the curry paste.