Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT in /home/ashrenee/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gourmet-ads/Classes/GA_VAST_Mobile_Detect.php on line 18
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /home/ashrenee/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gourmet-ads/Classes/GA_VAST_Mobile_Detect.php on line 22
Where: 690 9th Ave, New York, New York 10036
Why: Room Service is one of the trendiest Thai Restaurants in Hell’s Kitchen. The ambiance is modern, sexy and beautiful, perfect for a date night or a night out with the girls. Due to its reasonable prices, Room Service is a solid option for anyone planning a birthday dinner or a group gathering. Admittedly, during my multiple visits, the service has ranged from just “ok” to very good. My last visit was on a Saturday night and the restaurant was very busy. Despite the lack of attentiveness during the beginning of our dinner, the service got progressively better as the night continued.
Overall, the food is simply delicious and what Room Service lacks in “Service”, they make up for it with their delicious menu. Particularly, the flavors are authentic and the portions are ample, perfect for sharing and tasting multiple items on the menu. Now let’s get to the good stuff, what should you order at Room Service? Check out my top recommendations below:
Golden Assorted Fritters – Crispy chicken and shrimp dumplings, blanketed shrimps, corn spring rolls and sesame tofu with crushed peanut sweet chili dipping sauce
Chicken Satay House- marinated chicken served with our signature peanut dipping sauce
Grilled Ginger Honey Pork Chop– Marinated pork chop sirloin with ginger, cherry wine and herbs served with sautéed mixed vegetables in garlic sauce
And, if you want to keep it simple then order:
Thai Mixed Chicken and Shrimp Dumplings – With vegetables and potatoes. Served with house black bean mushroom dipping sauce
Room Service Pad Thai – Sautéed glass vermicelli with shrimps, mixed seafood, mangoes, brown tofu, bean sprouts, scallions, crushed peanuts, tamarind juice and purple coconut milk beet sauce, wrapped in an egg white crepe (not pictured)
Thai Fried Rice- Traditional fried rice with scallions, onions, tomatoes, carrots and eggs (with your choice of meat)
Oh and do not forget that Room Service is also participating in Thai Restaurant Week from April 11 -17, 2016. For only $21 you can enjoy a PRIX-FIXE Menu. Check out the menu below & enjoy!
1st Dish Choice of:
- Assorted Golden Fritters Crispy chicken and shrimp dumplings, blanketed shrimps, corn spring rolls, and sesame tofu with crushed peanut sweet chili dipping sauce
- Honey Glazed Ribs With cherry wine and Bangkok spices
- Avocado Summer Roll Tofu, mints, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots and vermicelli served with house black hoisin sauce
2nd Dish Choice of:
- Spicy Bamboo Shoot Authentic Thai style, shrimps, minced chicken, fresh basils, Thai chili with herbs chili paste garlic sauce.
- Room Service Pad Thai with Shrimps Sauteed glass vermicelli, mangoes, brown tofu, bean sprouts, scallions, crushed peanuts, tamarind juice and purple coconut milk beet sauce, wrapped in an egg white crepe
- Pomegranate Walnut Duck Pan seared Long Island duck breast with pomegranate red wine sauce and Asian Broccoli
- Spicy basil Squid Ink Spaghetti Inspired from Sukumvit Rd. new Thai kitchen cuisine. Shrimps, calamari, squid ink, fresh Thai chili and basils
Coconut/ Green Tea Cream with Lychee Ginger Sauce and Cashew Nuts