As soon as Memorial Day hits, I’m all about Mexican Street Corn, as it is a staple of my summer. This Mexican Street Corn recipe is perfect for a snack at home, as a side dish, or at your next cookout. If I’m being 100% honest, I can eat grilled corn on the cob and Mexican Street Corn all the time, no matter what season it is. With the Ninja Foodi Grill, it’s easy to get that grilled flavor of Mexican Street Corn, year-round, in the comfort of your home.
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 12 minutes
Total time – 22 minutes
4 ears corn
1 cup of cotija cheese (crumbled)
2 teaspoons of canola oil-separated into 4
Ground black pepper
¼ cup of mayonnaise
¼ cup of sour cream or Mexican crema
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
¼ cup of cilantro
- Remove husks of all 4 ears of corn
- Crumble the cheese and set aside.
- For preheating of your Ninja Foodi Grill, insert the grill gate into the grill unit. Close hood. Select the type of grill. Set temperature to maximum. Set time to 10 minutes and press START.
- For seasoning, apply divided canola oil for each ear of corn and season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
- Once heated, insert corn into the unit and place it on the grill grate. Close hood. Grill for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile squeeze the lime together with the Mayo, Mexican Crema, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Flip corn after 6 minutes and continue grilling for 6 additional minutes.
- When grilling is completed, take corn from the unit and cover it well with the mixture. (be careful, corn will be hot)
- Chop the cilantro and use it for garnish together with some smoked paprika (to taste) and enjoy!
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR MEXICAN STREET CORN
- Mexican crema: Look for crema alongside the sour cream at your grocery store. If you can’t find it, you can use regular sour cream.
- Cotija cheese: If cotija isn’t available, you can simply use grated Parmesan or crumbled feta cheese.
Please note: as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Tools Used in this Recipe
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank You!