So I’ve been eating a lot of chicken breast in my attempt to eat a low carb diet! All this chicken has become admittedly boring and I found a change. Today, I decided to start stuffing my chicken breast to make it interesting. This quick stuffed chicken breast recipe can really spruce up chicken breast without adding too many carbohydrates.The variations to stuffing chicken breast our endless! Version#1 (pictured above) involves stuffing the chicken with spinach and pepper jack cheese, a simple fix!
- 4-8 Slice(s) of pepper jack cheese (as much as desired)
- Fresh spinach (as much as you want)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (the thicker the better)
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- Prepare 12 wooden toothpicks coated with nonstick spray.Preheat oven to about 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix chopped thyme, lemon juice and salt & pepper. On a cutting board, lightly press each chicken breast flat with one hand; with a sharp knife, cut into side of breast to form a deep horizontal pocket.
- Stuff spinach and cheese into each chicken pocket. Secure each breast with prepared toothpicks.(3 per breast). Season each breast with the mixture.
- Place stuffed chicken breast in a baking dish. Cook for about 30 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked thoroughly.
- Remove chicken to a serving plate