Warning: this is not the typical “New Year’s” resolution list. In fact, it is just a “fun list” for 2012. This year, I plan to focus on things that I can do once per week, 52 times during the year; representing the 52 weeks in a year. I created this list to add some excitement to my life and proactively work on happiness and giving to others.
- Pop 52 Bottles of Champagne. I plan to, once per week in 2012, pop one bottle of champagne every week. I call this my “popping bottles challenge”. My goal is to find one thing every week worth celebrating. Even if I just get a bottle to celebrate the end of the week. This indeed, will be my version of a gratitude journal. I plan to take a pictures and document the experience every week on my blog.
- Donate to 52 Charities. Every week, on Friday, I plan to donate something to a different charity. I actually started thing this in 2011 but towards the end of year, I completely forgot to keep up with this initiative. I really want to get myself back into the habit of giving something to the world, every week.
- Send 52 Cards. If you know me, you know that I absolutely love sending notes & cards to my friends and family. For 2012, I plan to send a card to someone every week. I will send cards for people’s birthday or just thinking of you. I created this exercise as a way to keep me connected to my family, friends, and business associates.
- Read 52 Books. This is easy; I simply plan to read one book per week! How hard can this be? I love to read…lol
- Visit 52 New Restaurants. I want to visit more restaurants throughout NYC and other cities that I visit. I will try to take pictures and document the experiences on my blog.
Just A Thought…….