Check out this easy yet tasty “game day” empanadas recipe. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
- Take the frozen empanada disc from the freezer. Let sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add chopped onion, bell pepper, scotch bonnet and garlic to a pan with olive oil until softened. Add the ground meat and fry over a high heat until browned. Stir in the spices. Remove from the heat. Let cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the empanadas, place a spoonful of the filling on the middle of each disc. Be careful not to over stuff the empanadas so that it will be easier to seal.
- To seal the empanadas, fold the disc and seal the edges by using a fork; just press the top of the fork against the edges.
- To create a nice golden empanadas, brush them with egg wash (i.e. a whole egg whisked)
- Bake the empanadas in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven when golden. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite salsa.